What Are Hollow Fibers?
Hollow fibers are a type of filament or short fiber that has the capacity to hold air in its interior. They have a very high reversibility and springiness compared to other fibers such as solid due to their interior hollow structure and creamy spring characteristics.
Arseen Trading Company supplies and exports this product to several countries with high quality and optimum price.
Types of Hollow Fibers
There are different types of Hollow Polyester Fibers:
Virgin: This type of fibers is directly made of PET polymer granules.
Recycled: this type of fibers is made out of recycled PET bottles.
Hollow polyester fibers can be also siliconized or non-siliconized. Siliconizing hollow fibers makes them softer due to softness needed for some applications.
It is produced in different cut lengths and deniers (denier=a unit of measure for the linear mass density of fibers), but the regularly used cut length is 38-75 mm, and the usual denier is 7-20.
Hollow Polyester Fibers Features:
- Hollow Polyester fibers are very strong and of excellent tenacity;
- very soft and light
- very durable
- Environmentally friendly
- Anti-odor and anti-fungal
- Resistant to most chemicals, traction and shrinkage, wrinkles, and abrasion
- hydrophobic in nature which dries quickly
- shape retaining
Hollow polyester fiber has many applications in various industries. The most important usages of this product could be:
- Filling sofa furniture, outdoor furniture and cushions
- Filling pillows, mattresses, quilts, duvets
- To stuff or plush some dolls and stuffed animals
- It also can be used as insulation, wadding, interlining, and in winter clothes.